Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Life Experiences

So I should really be doing my homework right now because I have a test in Personal Finance tomorrow but I really Really don't wanna study!

My life has been crazy lately.. I go through my life day by day loving and enjoying everything I do.. Okay so maybe sometimes I really don't enjoy it that much but I learn from those things I don't enjoy right? Crazy things happen to people all the time and I always think to myself that it will never happen to me! We all do that.. I think it's just how we think sometimes. But sometimes we aren't the exception and sometimes those things that we think will never happen to us, do happen.


I had one of these experiences recently & it has really made me look at my life differently. On February 13, 2009 two of my best friends/roommates took off to head home for the weekend. Shilo and Micah. On their way home they lost control of the car because of the icy road conditions and they slid into the other lane, they were hit by another vehicle and both were killed instantly. When I first found 0ut I wouldn't believe it, I couldn't believe it. I had just hugged and told Shilo I loved her that morning and Micah the night before.




These two girls were not only some of my best friends, but they were my sisters. They were my family. I lived with both of them and I love them both so much! I was with them everyday and if I wasn't with them I was @ least texting them or something. I lived with Shilo last year too. We were best friends from the get go. Our personalities went perfectly together. We have so many memories together that I will cherish forever! This past week has been really really hard. It's hard for me to accept the fact that I will not be able to talk to either of them here on this earth again. I feel numb a lot of the time and when I'm in a room full of people I feel alone. I never really understood what that was like until now. I don't mean to be like pitty me and what not I just am really having a hard time with it. I know things will get better and I know that I will get to see both of them again someday. I am so grateful for the gospel and for the atonement. I'm so thankful that one day I can reunite with these two beautiful girls that have influenced my life so much! I love their family and I'm so grateful to them for welcoming me into their home and treating me as if I was a part of their family as well. I love my family too. So Much! I don't know what I would do without all of the love and support I have from them. And from my friends too. I have people still calling me and asking me how I'm doing and I am so grateful to them for that. I know I will get through this & I know it happened for a reason. I just miss them so so much and can't wait to see them again.

3 comments:

Brandt Lovell said...

wow. based on your fbook status (yours and whitters) I knew something tragic happened, but I didn't know it was this. that is really really sad. I must say you are holding up pretty well, and if you need anyone to talk to at all let me know! I can't imagine what it would be like... life is fragile. It makes you re-think alot of things...

Hang in there! let me know if you need anything!

Whittergirl said...

I love you babe! More than anything! I'm so proud of you and how strong you have been. If you ever have those days where you feel like you just need to break down, give me a call. I've done that a couple of times already. Can't wait to see you this weekend! MUAH!

Cory and Lacey Jo said...

Sky... I am so sorry about you losing two great friends... I know there isn't a whole lot people can say to make it feel better or go away.. I am sorry though, I know from experience it is super hard, and it does get better, but you still have some tough days.. if you need anything please let me know! We really need to get together soon, I haven't seen you forever!!